The Critical Reasons Why You Shouldn't Go Without Your Professional Cleaning
Even while you care for your teeth and maintain excellent dental health, it’s critical to have routine dental exams and twice-yearly cleanings. At Chestnut Hill Dental, we look for indications of cavities and gum disease during your exam and cleaning. When these signs are noted soon, they can often be fixed quickly. However, when more dangerous conditions aren't addressed, they could cause huge concerns, including loose teeth.
Twice-yearly dental cleanings give our Chestnut Hill, MA staff the chance to eradicate plaque and tartar, as well as scale your tooth enamel for a lovely smile. Allow us to help you and your family preserve your oral wellness with comprehensive dental care. The ADA (American Dental Association) advises children, teens, and adults to have their teeth cleaned professionally a minimum of two times each year. For individuals with rescinding or present periodontal disease or those who have metal orthodontics, more frequent dental cleanings are imperative.
How is a dental cleaning done?
During your dental appointment at Chestnut Hill Dental, we will first examine your teeth and gums. Next, our team will take a dental x-ray to identify any issues we may not observe with our eyes alone. In the event that we notice any abnormalities, we will craft a customized treatment plan for you. Cavities are usually taken care of prior to your teeth cleaning. However, other more invasive therapies might call for another trip to our Chestnut Hill, MA practice. At your cleaning, our hygienist will remove any bacteria on the teeth utilizing advanced dental instruments. The moment your teeth and gums are free of debris, your enamel is polished, which gets rid of unsightly discoloration. Our trained hygienists can give tips to our patients regarding the ways to effectively care for their teeth in between dental cleanings.
Don't procrastinate your dental cleaning
At Chestnut Hill Dental, our team believes there are countless reasons why you should never skip a twice-yearly dental cleaning, like:
- Tooth decay prevention: Getting your teeth polished biannually lets us identify tooth decay immediately. When you put off seeing a dentist for a long time, this bacteria can spread throughout the tooth, and we might not be able to save it. This situation will require a dental crown.
- Taking care of gum disease as soon as possible: In the event that periodontal disease is not addressed, it could cause eroding gums, bone deterioration, and tooth loss. If you notice inflamed or bleeding gum tissues, set up an exam at our Chestnut Hill, MA facility for gingivitis detection.
- Maintaining the beauty of your smile: Professional cleanings help your teeth stay as glowing as possible. At your visit, we scale your enamel to make it look bright.
- Good breath: Regular cleanings help keep foul breath at bay since they eradicate bacteria, which may be the main reason for chronic bad breath.
- Receiving an oral cancer diagnostic: At your cleaning, our professionals will look at your oral structures (like the mouth, tongue, lips, or even lymph nodes) to identify signs of an abnormality. If diagnosed promptly, oral cancer can be taken care of without much hassle.
- Making sure your health is in good shape: Your oral wellness may influence your total health. Progressive gum disease could also cause cardiovascular disease. Routine dental care has been shown to minimize your chances of having a stroke.
- Spending less money on dental care: When you take care of dental health problems early on, these could be treated with low-maintenance techniques. But if you delay dental care, you will likely require more expensive and invasive procedures.
Call for a dental cleaning to maintain your dental wellness today
Help your smile be as healthy as possible with twice-yearly dental cleanings at Chestnut Hill Dental. Our general care practice located in Chestnut Hill, MA performs preventive dental care to address tooth decay prevention and lower your chances of developing periodontal disease.